TV Ratings: NBC Takes Top Prize With 'America’s Got Talent'
Meanwhile, ABC and CBS tie for second in the adults 18-49 demographic.
As summer television winds down, so does the competition.
NBC continued its reign, topping its broadcast competitors on Tuesday night, thanks to another strong showing by America’s Got Talent (10.9 million total viewers, 2.8 rating in adults 18-49 demographic). Compared to last season, Talent — the night’s No. 1 show in total viewers -- is remaining steady with its performance in the ad-coveted demo. From its first hour to the second, the NBC series grew 14 percent among adults 18-49 (2.8 to 3.2).
Its lead-in It’s Worth What (4.5 million, 1.2) delivered its highest rating in the demo and total tune-in since Aug. 2. NBC won the night by a large margin, averaging 8.8 million and a 2.4 in primetime. In total viewers, CBS — which ran repeats of the NCIS franchise -- was the only network that was close, averaging 8.3 million.
ABC ended up tying for second with the Tiffany network in the key demo. Following a repeat of Wipeout, Take the Money and Run (3.9 million, 1.5) and medical drama Combat Hospital (3.4 million, 0.9) were in line with recent ratings performances.
Fox ranked fourth for the night with encores of Glee and Raising Hope, while the CW continued to air repeats as it prepares for its fall launch.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)