TV Ratings: NBC Leads Boosted Broadcast Debate Coverage, 'Emily Owens' Opens Soft
"The Voice" and "Dancing With the Stars" rise, while "Ben and Kate" and "Raising Hope" fall in the 8 p.m. hour.
With fast affiliate ratings from Tuesday's presidential debate not yet adjusted for time zones, returns are subject to significant change, but early returns have NBC locking down a clear win with adults 18-49.
The Voice, up a tenth of a point from last Tuesday's episode, started the night with a 4.6 rating among adults 18-49, leading into NBC News' coverage of the debate. Early figures have NBC in the lead of other broadcast debate coverage with a 4.7 adults 18-49 rating and 12.2 million viewers.
ABC, which had a slightly boosted Dancing With the Stars results episode pull a 2.1 adults rating, was behind NBC with a 2.8 adults rating and 10.96 million viewers for its debate numbers.
An encore of NCIS: Los Angeles led into CBS' debate block. The network saw an average 2.2 adults rating and 8.3 million viewers for the two-hour broadcast.
New episodes of Raising Hope and Ben and Kate were both down to a 1.7 and 1.2 adults rating, respectively. Tentative debate ratings are a 1.7 with adults 18-49 and 4.2 million viewers.
The CW saw its most-watched Tuesday night in nearly a year, though the premiere of Emily Owens M.D., up against the debate, did not rival recent premieres of Arrow and Beauty and the Beast. The show pulled a 0.5 rating with adults 18-49, falling from its 0.6-rated Hart of Dixie lead.
Adjusted fast national ratings for the debates will be available later in the day.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)