TV Ratings: NBC's '4th of July Fireworks' Special Tops Holiday
CBS' Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular rises 22 percent from the previous year.
July 4th was a quiet night on broadcast, with two networks airing original programming on Monday night.
NBC's telecast of the Macy's 4th of July Fireworks topped the night, averaging 8.6 million total viewers at 9 p.m. and a 2.1 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic, up 50 percent from last year's special.
Even with the network winning the holiday, the ratings dipped expectedly for the 10 p.m. hour when NBC reran the special (5.3 million, 1.4).
CBS' Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular (6.6 million, 1.1) with Michael Chiklis rose 22 percent from the previous year and dominated NBC's telecast at 10 p.m. in total viewers.
At 8 p.m., a repeat of America's Got Talent (4.9 million, 1.2) won both viewers and the demo.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws