TV Ratings: Fox's Revamped Comedy Block Tops Super Tuesday
"Raising Hope" retains its audience during timeslot move, while "Breaking In" grows from 2011 and a weak "I Hate My Teenage Daughter" outperforms "Cougar Town."
Tuesday night was particularly super for Fox, which kicked off its Glee hiatus lineup with a demo victory against largely encore competition.
Raising Hope seems to have staged a successful move to 8:00 p.m., retaining its most recent adults 18-49 score of a 2.1. The episode, which featured a guest appearance from Katy Perry, was followed by the spring debut of I Hate My Teenage Daughter. The freshman comedy, which aired on Wednesdays in December, came back 20 percent lower without a X Factor lead for a 1.6 rating in the demo.
New Girl, the block's only series to not see a shuffle, repeated its most recent showing of a 3.0 among adults 18-49 during it's first outing without a Glee lead-in. And, after nearly a year off the air, Breaking In returned up 31 percent in the demo, posting a still modest 1.7 among adults 18-49. The net averaged a 2.1 among 18-49-ers and 4.5 million viewers.
CBS nabbed second place with encores of NCIS, NCIS: LA and Unforgettable, averaging a 1.9 rating among adults 18-49 and 11.5 million viewers.
Fast affiliate ratings will likely change the most for NBC, which aired live election coverage of Super Tuesday, when time zone adjustments come. As of now, the net scored a 1.6 rating among adults 18-49 and 4.8 million viewers, with The Biggest Loser down just a tenth of a point for a 1.9 adults 18-49 rating and election returns pulling a 1.0 in the demo.
On ABC, a repeat of Last Man Standing did little to help Cougar Town. The comedy slipped to a 1.5 rating among adults 18-49, a series low that puts it below Fox's I Hate My Teenage Daughter. The River retained its recent 1.5 rating among adults, while a Body of Proof repeat brought in a 0.9 rating. ABC averaged a 1.3 in the demo and 4.6 million viewers.
The CW had new episodes of 90210 and Ringer, which nabbed 0.7 and 0.5 ratings among adults 18-49, respectively.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Vanessa Hudgens Flashes Her Calvins in Low Slung Shorts!
- Man Sings Frozen's 'Let It Go' in 21 Different Disney Voices & It's as Amazing as You'd Think!
- Neil Patrick Harris Skypes in Shirtless for 'How I Met Your Mother' PaleyFest Panel!
- Three Grandmas Read Beyonce's 'Drunk in Love' Lyrics & Their Reactions Are Hilarious - Watch Now!