TV Ratings: 'Nikita' Returns Low, 'Grimm' and 'CSI:NY' Dip, 'Shark Tank' Tops Night
ABC's reality competition grows for another Friday win, while all scripted series drop from last week and the third season of the CW thriller falls 50 percent from last year.
ABC topped another Friday in the key demo. According to fast affiliate ratings, the network averaged a 1.7 rating with adults 18-49 and 5.8 million viewers, thanks in large part to Shark Tank. The reality competition was again the top-rated program of the night, growing two tenths of a point to series high of a 2.0 rating with 18-49-ers, while Primetime: What Would You Do? grew 14 percent to a 1.6 adults rating. 20/20 held an even 1.4 rating in the demo.
With a 1.1 adults rating and 8.4 million total viewers over the course of the night, CBS saw drops for both CSI:NY (down 14 percent to a 1.2 adults rating) and Blue Bloods (down seven percent to a 1.4 adults rating).
Grimm (1.4 adults rating) was down two tenths of a point on NBC, while Dateline was steady with a 1.3 in the demo. NBC also averaged a 1.1 adults rating for the night, pulling in 4.1 million viewers.
Nikita returned low to The CW after a new episode of America's Next Top Model (up 20 percent to a 0.6 adults rating). The thriller's third season opened down 50 percent from last year's debut, pulling just a 0.3 rating with adults 18-49. The network averaged a 0.5 in the demo and 1.2 million viewers.
With game five of National League Championship Series, Fox scored a preliminary 1.7 rating with 18-49-ers that will most likely change when time zone adjustments are available.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)