TV Ratings: Fox Wins November Sweep Among Adults 18-49
Nielsen numbers for Oct. 28 through Nov. 23 separate the network from its closest competition by 9 percent -- though CBS once again topped in total viewers.
The dust has settled on November's annual ratings battle, and Fox comes out on top for only the second time in the network's history.
According to Nielsen ratings for Oct. 28 through Nov. 23, Fox averaged a 3.1 rating among adults 18-49. That marks a 9 percent lead over its nearest competitor, CBS, which averaged a 2.8 rating.
Fox's score marks a 15 percent improvement with the key demographic over the same period last year, where it tied with CBS for a joint win of 2.7 in adults 18-49. (In 2009, Fox earned its only previous solo November sweeps victory in the demo.)
ABC was down 4 percent from 2010 for a third-place rating of 2.5 among the demo, followed by NBC, which posted the same score (2.4) two years running.
Among total viewers, CBS boasted its 11th straight November win. The network averaged 11.43 million for the period, a 3 percent gain from 11.13 million in 2010.
Fox posted the biggest gains year-over-year, with 11 percent growth and an average audience of 8.64 million, but it was topped by ABC.
ABC dropped 4 percent from 2010 to an average audience of 9.28 million.
NBC lost 5 percent of its audience from the previous year, averaging 6.86 million viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack