TV Ratings: Olympic Trials and 'Talent' Encores Give NBC a Soft Sunday Win
Against repeats across the board, track and field tops broadcast nets with adults 18-49 with little more than a month left before the London games.
The first primetime outing for the 2012 Olympics offered a solid, if soft, start for NBC's London coverage. Fast affiliate ratings have track and field trials topping the 7 p.m. hour for the network with a 1.2 rating among adults 18-49. A new outing of Dateline and back to back encores of America's Got Talent tied that score to give the network a dominant showing in the demo for the night. NBC also averaged 4.6 million viewers.
Univision pulled ahead of ABC with a 1.1 adults rating among adults 18-49. The alphabet net was just behind with a 1.0 rating in the key demo and 3.4 million viewers for the night. ABC had repeats of America's Funniest Home Videos, Secret Millionaire and Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition.
Sharing fourth place were CBS and Fox, both nets aired encores to earn a 0.8 adults 18-49 rating for the night. CBS edged out Fox (and all other nets) with total viewers, bringing in 5.7 million.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR