TV Ratings: 'Orphan Black' Doubles Its Premiere in First DVR Boost
After its Saturday return saw a so-so same-day showing, live-plus-3 ratings have the BBC America drama surging to top the 2013 opener.
Saturday night may be alright for fighting, but it's often not the biggest draw for live TV audiences. And in the case of Orphan Black, that means a big DVR lift after this past weekend's premiere.
The first live-plus-3 ratings for the BBC America cult drama have it more than doubling its showing in total viewers -- up to 1.57 million viewers. Not only is that more than twice the premiere, it's twice the Saturday night haul the series earned with encores.
Among adults 18-49, Orphan Black saw the biggest percentage jump of any drama premiere this season. It jumped 91 percent to 746,000 demo viewers.
Compared to the series premiere a year ago, which had a huge lead-in from Doctor Who, Orphan Black is now up 65 percent in the key demo.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)