TV Ratings: Preseason Football Boosts 'Big Brother,' 'Motive'
According to fast nationals, CBS topped the evening in total viewers and 18-49 demo.
Preseason football helped boost the ratings on Thursday.
ABC, NBC, Fox and The CW had numerous preemptions due to NFL preseason football matchups, with CBS programming preempted in 40 percent of the country, Fast Nationals are significantly higher than usual and subject to change when finals come in.
At this moment, CBS is tops in primetime for Thursday in both total viewers (7.2 million) and in the advertiser-coveted 18-49 demo (2.0).
Football boosted CBS' Big Brother (8.4 million, 2.6) significantly, about 24 percent in the adult demo from last week's comparable eviction episode.
The season finale of ABC's Motive (6.3 million, 1.3) also improved drastically, about 40 percent, from the previous week. Rookie Blue (6 million, 1.5) notably jumped 36 percent in week-to-week comparisons, likely also thanks to football.
NBC's Hollywood Game Night (4.8 million, 1.5) original improved 25 percent at 10 p.m. following two hours of encores.
For now, total viewers rankings look like this: CBS (7.2 million), ABC (6.3 million), NBC (4.9 million), Fox (4.5 million), Univision (3.4 million), Telemundo (1.3 million) and The CW (1.1 million).
Here's how the 18-49 rankings look at the moment: CBS (2.0), NBC (1.5), a tie between Fox and ABC (1.4), Univision (1.3), Telemundo (0.5) and The CW (0.4).
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR