TV Ratings: 'Psych' Scores Growth With Season 7 Premiere
USA's veteran dramedy gets double digit boosts across the board, returning to 2.9 million viewers.
As A+E's Duck Dynasty steamrolled nearly all TV broadcasts on Wednesday night, a quieter cable return still managed to pull some significant growth.
USA's Psych, entering its seventh season, did not look long in the tooth with improvement in total viewers and across all key demographics. The series averaged 2.9 million viewers during its inaugural 10 p.m. viewing, a 20 percent boost from last February's opener. It topped all broadcasts from the sixth season.
In the demos, USA's most senior show grew 22 percent with adults 18-49 (1.3 million), 17 percent with adults 25-54 (1.2 million) and 20 percent in adults 18-34.
Psych was preemptively renewed for an eighth season, consisting of eight episodes, in December -- leading many to speculate it will be the last for the dramedy.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR