TV Ratings: Puppy Bowl X Fetches 13.5 Million Viewers on Super Bowl Sunday
The annual 12-hour marathon of frolicking dogs improves its audience by 24 percent from last year.
More Super Bowl counterprogramming ratings are in, and among Sunday's big winners is Animal Planet. The cable network's perennially hyped — and charmingly low-budget — Puppy Bowl hit an all-time ratings high.
The tenth iteration of the Puppy Bowl topped all of cable for the night, bringing in a total 13.5 million viewers over its 12-hour marathon — six consecutive broadcasts.
Averaging 3.3 million viewers during the premiere two-hour block at 3 p.m. ET, going against the 3:30 start of the big game, Puppy Bowl X improved its showing from a year ago by 24 percent. The canine face-off brought in 1.3 million adults 18-49.
Puppy Bowl X also improved the franchise's digital footprint. The streaming brought in more than 500,000 unique visitors, an improvement of 15 percent.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)