TV Ratings: Record-Breaking Super Bowl Gives 'Elementary' a Late Start
The CBS freshman drama, pulling a 12.0 household rating ahead of adjustments, is on track to easily best all previous performances.
With the Super Bowl on track to once again best all previous performances, CBS cleaned up in the ratings going well into the night. The game, pulling a 48.1 household rating with metered markets, was up one percent from the score of last year's match-up ahead of time zone-adjusted Fast Nationals.
The power outage at the start of the first half pushed post-game entertainment to a record late start time. Elementary, airing from 11:15 p.m. to 12:15 p.m., started almost a half-hour after the previous latest start time (10:52 p.m.). The freshman drama is set to post its highest-rated episode to date, with a 12.0 household rating and 24 share.
A special outing of The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson, airing at 12:45 a.m., averaged a 3.2 household rating and 11 share.
Final ratings and total viewer tallies will be available later on Monday.
Among other broadcasts, all of them encores, Fox led the rest of the big four with an average 0.6 rating with adults 18-49. The network also averaged 1.5 million viewers.
ABC took in a 0.5 adults rating and 2 million viewers for the night, and NBC pulled a 0.4 rating in the key demo and 1.8 million viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game