TV Ratings: 'Revenge' and 'Bob's Burgers' Get Boosts, 'Amazing Race' Opens Short
The CBS competition returns 14 percent shy of last spring's premiere, and Fox's animation block tops the night in the key demo.
Without football playoffs, the Super Bowl or the Grammys dominating the night, the schedule settled into something of a new routine on Sunday night -- and Fox's animation block reaped the benefits in the key demo. Though mostly down from last week, the network topped adults 18-49 for the night with an average 1.7 adults rating. The Cleveland Show (1.1 adults) was off three tenths of a point before a steady Simpsons (2.0 adults). Bob's Burgers (1.9 adults) was up a tenth of a point, while both Family Guy (2.4 adults) and American Dad (1.9 adults) were down by a tenth. Fox averaged 3.8 million viewers.
CBS had roughly five minutes of golf overage run into primetime in Eastern and Central time zones thanks to the Northern Trust Open, so the network could see some adjustments when final ratings come in. As it stands, 60 Minutes (1.3 adults) was down half of a point from last week's Grammy lead-in, and The Amazing Race (2.4 adults) premiere was down four tenths of a point from last spring's opener. The Good Wife (1.4 adults) was off a tenth of a point, tying a series low, and The Mentalist (1.5 adults) was off four tenths of a point from its last original. The network averaged a 1.6 rating among adults 18-49 and a dominant 9.2 million viewers.
After a dipping America's Funniest Home Videos (1.5 adults, down three tenths from last week), ABC saw boosts from last week's Grammy-hampered episodes. Once Upon a Time (2.3 adults) was up a tenth of a point, while Revenge (1.8 adults) jumped four tenths of a point. An encore of the Zero Hour premiere pulled a 0.9 rating in the key demo, giving the network an average 1.6 adults rating for the night and 5.9 million viewers.
NBC aired a new episode of Dateline (1.0 adults rating), down half of a point from its last Sunday original six weeks ago. Encores of Betty White's Off Their Rockers (1.0 adults) led into a repeat airing of Saturday Night Live special In the 90s Pop Culture Nation (1.4 adults). The network averaged a 1.2 adults rating and 4.4 million viewers.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)