TV Ratings: 'Revenge' Grows at Midseason Finale, Football Fills Schedule
With Philadelphia and Dallas playing on NBC and overrun again leaking into CBS, the night's top two performers have the NFL to thank -- and ABC is the only to see scripted growth.
Sunday Night Football, the Philadelphia Eagles taking on the Dallas Cowboy, again topped the night for NBC. Though down a tenth of a point from last week's fast national, the 6.6 adults rating secured an easy win. Football Night in America averaged a 3.3 rating with 18-49-ers over the course of its 90-minute broadcast. NBC averaged a 5.3 adults rating and 15.1 million.
Though individual ratings for CBS' lineup won't be available until finals -- Nearly an hour of NFL overrun made for some very unreliable early numbers -- the network is currently in second with a 3.2 adults rating and 13.3 million viewers.
ABC, the only of the Big Four without any football interruption last night, started with a steady America's Funniest Home Videos at a 1.6 rating among adults 18-49. Once Upon a Time (3.1 adults) was also even, while Revenge (2.4 adults) and 666 Park Avenue (1.4 adults) were up. Revenge's midseason finale grew nine percent from the previous week. The network averaged a 2.1 rating among adults 18-49 and 7 million viewers.
A small amount of NFL overrun means Fox's scores could change as well, but as they stand, Cleveland Show (1.6 adults rating) was steady, Bob's Burgers (1.8 adults) was down ten percent and American Dad was down just five percent. Fox averaged a 1.7 rating with adults 18-49 and 3.9 million viewers.
Univision pulled a 1.1 rating with adults 18-49.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack