TV Ratings: Sunday Night Football Scores Easy Win, Dramas Drop
"Once Upon a Time," "Revenge," "666 Park," "The Good Wife" and "The Mentalist" all dip after last week's premieres.
The NFL brought home another Sunday night for NBC, which scored an easy win with adults 18-49 and total viewers. Fast affiliate numbers give the San Diego/New Orleans match-up a 6.2 rating among adults 18-49 and 15.8 million viewers. Factoring in 90 minutes' worth of Football Night in America (3.8 adults rating), the network averaged a 5.3 in the demo and 13.7 million viewers.
CBS saw significant boost from NFL overrun, which gave the network a 7.8 adults rating during the first half hour of primetime. Non-time-zone-adjusted returns give 60 Minutes a 3.8 adults rating and The Amazing Race an even 2.5 in the demo. The Good Wife was down just a tenth of a point from last week's premiere with a 1.7 rating with adults 18-49, while The Mentalist dropped 24 percent to a 1.6 adults rating, a series low. The network averaged a 3.2 rating with adults 18-49 and 12.7 million viewers.
NFL overrun on Fox was much more modest, giving the 7 p.m. half-hour a 2.0 adults rating for an encore of The Simpsons. The Cleveland Show was up 22 percent from last fall's premiere for a 2.2 adults rating, while The Simpsons (3.1 adults rating) and Bob's Burgers (2.3 adults rating) dropped a respective 18 and 12 percent. Family Guy (3.4 adults rating) and American Dad (2.6 adults rating) each grew a tenth of a point from last week, giving the network a 2.6 rating with 18-49-ers for the night and 5.4 million viewers.
America's Funniest Home Videos staged an even return on ABC, posting a 1.5 rating with adults 18-49. Once Upon a Time dropped 15 percent to a 3.3 adults rating from last week, while Revenge (2.6 adults rating) and 666 Park Avenue (1.7 adults rating) both dropped 19 percent. ABC averaged a 2.3 rating with adults 18-49 and 7.4 million viewers.
Univision averaged a 1.0 adults rating for the night.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws