TV Ratings: 'Rizzoli & Isles' Return Marks a Summer Best, 'Perception' Drops
TNT's dominant drama jumps to 6.6 million viewers in its season four premiere, while the sophomore series sheds 1.5 million from last summer.
TNT brought back two series on Tuesday night with season premieres of Rizzoli & Isles and Perception.
Rizzoli & Isles, entering its fourth season, jumped an impressive 18 percent from last summer's season opener. Live+Same Day returns give the series 6.6 million viewers, easily making it the cable network's strongest original series to air this year and summer's most-watched cable premiere thus far.
Among targeted demographics, the crime drama delivered 2.3 million adults 25-54 and 1.8 million adults 18-49. That's up a respective 19 and 17 percent from last summer.
Time slot neighbor Perception fared well -- but not as strongly as it did when its freshman run premiered last summer. The series brought in just over four million viewers at 10 p.m. That's down from the 5.6 million who tuned into the 2012 premiere when the series bowed after a 6.1 million-strong episode of The Closer.
In the demos, Perception earned 1.2 million adults 25-54 and one million adults 18-49.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)