TV Ratings: 'Rizzoli & Isles' Return Marks a Summer Best, 'Perception' Drops
TNT's dominant drama jumps to 6.6 million viewers in its season four premiere, while the sophomore series sheds 1.5 million from last summer.
TNT brought back two series on Tuesday night with season premieres of Rizzoli & Isles and Perception.
Rizzoli & Isles, entering its fourth season, jumped an impressive 18 percent from last summer's season opener. Live+Same Day returns give the series 6.6 million viewers, easily making it the cable network's strongest original series to air this year and summer's most-watched cable premiere thus far.
Among targeted demographics, the crime drama delivered 2.3 million adults 25-54 and 1.8 million adults 18-49. That's up a respective 19 and 17 percent from last summer.
Time slot neighbor Perception fared well -- but not as strongly as it did when its freshman run premiered last summer. The series brought in just over four million viewers at 10 p.m. That's down from the 5.6 million who tuned into the 2012 premiere when the series bowed after a 6.1 million-strong episode of The Closer.
In the demos, Perception earned 1.2 million adults 25-54 and one million adults 18-49.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR