TV Ratings: Sarah Michelle Gellar's 'Ringer' Debuts to OK Ratings
UPDATE: The ambitious CW drama improves upon its "90210" lead-in; NBC's "Parenthood" returns for its third season.
The return of Sarah Michelle Gellar to television didn't bring in breakout numbers for the CW.
Tuesday's debut of Ringer, about two formerly estranged twin sisters (both played by the Buffy the Vampire Slayer alum), delivered 2.84 million total viewers in its premiere telecast and a 1.2 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic. It was the best time period performance for the CW in three years and the most-watched Tuesday in two.
Ringer's launch -- skewing broader for the network -- was up drastically from the Life Unexpected premiere (2.84 million vs. 1.65 million), and improved upon its 90210 lead-in. Originally developed for CBS, Ringer's series premiere ratings didn't exactly match up to the hype surrounding it. But, in an effort to grab more viewers, the CW is re-airing the pilot Friday at 8 p.m. and Monday at 9 p.m.
Entering into its fourth season, 90210 (1.6 million, 0.8) dipped 11 percent from its premiere last September.
Elsewhere on broadcast, the return of NBC's Parenthood (6.8 million, 2.3), relatively steady for the hourlong but down 15 percent from last season's return. Notably, the Jason Katims drama sank from the first half-hour to the second in the demo (2.6 to 2.0).
Its lead-in, the final performance show of America's Got Talent (13.2 million, 3.6), dipped 8 percent from last year's comparable telecast. Even so, Talent was the night's top-rated program and helped NBC take the nightly win in both viewers and the demo.
ABC's two-hour special on the Jackie Kennedy tapes (8.4 million, 1.6) aired from 9-11 p.m.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)