TV Ratings: 'Saturday Night Live' Pulls Mostly Even Season Finale
Overnight returns have the Ben Affleck-hosted episode unchanged in the key demo from the previous week and 2012's ender.
Host Ben Affleck and musical guest Kanye West closed out another season of Saturday Night Live this weekend. The episode did not come near the season highs reached with Justin Timberlake in March, but it was on par with last year's ender.
Saturday Night Live averaged a 2.7 rating and a 13 share with adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters -- even with last week's Kristen Wiig episode and the 2012 finale hosted by Mick Jagger. Week to week, the broadcast was up a tenth of a point in households with a 4.7 rating, but it was down half a point from last year's comparable outing.
The last two season finales have been a far cry from the 2011 effort, which saw overnight returns surge with host Lady Gaga. That episode hit a seven-year high for a finale, bringing in a 4.5 rating with adults 18-49 and a 7.0 rating in households.
Saturday Night Live returns for its 39th season, short exiting Bill Hader and likely several more cast members, this fall.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR