TV Ratings: 'Scandal' Surges to Series High, 'Office' Jumps, 'Community' Finale Up
The ABC drama rakes in a 3.2 rating in the key demo, again besting its "Grey's Anatomy" lead and softening the bad news of "Wipeout's" anemic return.
Averaging a 2.7 rating with adults 18-49 and 12.1 million viewers, according to Fast National returns, CBS topped Thursday night in both key measures. The Big Bang Theory (4.6 adults), the night's top demo performer, was down three tenths of a point from last week. Two and a Half Men (3.4 adults) picked up some steam from last week by adding two tenths of a point with its season finale. The finale of Person of Interest was steady with last week's 2.4 adults rating. Elementary (1.8 adults) was down two tenths of a point at 10 p.m.
American Idol (2.8 adults) was up two tenths of a point on Fox, leading into the finale of Glee (2.1 adults). The dramedy rose two tenths of a point from last week's showing, giving Fox an average 2.4 rating with adults 18-49 and 8.6 million viewers for the night.
Starting Wipeout (1.2 adults) before the official end to the regular season did not work out well for ABC. The series earned its lowest premiere ever, down 40 percent from last year's July opener. Grey's Anatomy (2.9 adults) lost a tenth of a point from last week, while Scandal (3.2 adults) scored its best numbers to date. The drama jumped six tenths of a point at 10 p.m., easily topping all other offerings in the hour for the night -- and the entire week. ABC averaged a 2.4 rating with adults 18-49 and 7.3 million viewers.
Community (1.3 adults) saw a boost in its NBC finale, rising a tenth of a point. A one-hour episode of The Office (2.3 adults) jumped half of a point in anticipation of next week's finale, bringing in its highest rating since the November sweep. Hannibal (1.1 adults) had an even outing, giving the network an average 1.5 rating with adults 18-49 and 3.3 million viewers.
The Vampire Diaries (0.9 adults) was off a tenth of a point from last week, while Beauty and the Beast (0.5 adults) held last week's rating. The CW averaged a 0.7 in the key demo and 1.7 million viewers.
Univision averaged a 1.5 rating among adults 18-49 and 3.5 million viewers.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Emma Roberts Wants to See More 'True Detective'!
- Aaron Paul 'Can't Wait' to Have Kids with Lauren Parsekian, Hopes They're Mini Versions of His Wife!
- Milo Ventimiglia & His 'Visitors' Cast Are Excited to Start Filming!
- Andrew Garfield & Emma Stone Show Us How to Really Kiss with Passion On and Off-Screen!