TV Ratings: 'Shark Tank' Returns Strong, 'Top Model' Hits Season High
Friday competition resumes with the winning return of ABC's original lineup and more promotional encores from NBC.
Shark Tank made a strong return to the ABC lineup on Friday, posting its largest audience ever (6.3 million viewers) and earning its best ever premiere rating among adults 18-49 (a 1.7). What Would You Do? and 20/20 were equally strong, with WWYD? topping its January premiere by a tenth of a point (1.7 adults rating) and 20/20 besting the combined score of its other broadcast competition at 10 p.m. with a 1.8 adults rating.
ABC led the pack with an average 1.8 rating with 18-49-ers and 5.9 million viewers, per Nielsen fast affiliate numbers.
Special encores of freshman comedies Guys With Kids and Go On (both posted a 1.0 adults rating) and Grimm (0.7) led into a new outing of Dateline: NBC. It averaged a 0.9 rating among adults 18-49, matching the network's average for the night. NBC also pulled in 3.1 million viewers.
CBS and Fox both aired repeats for the night to the tune of a 0.7 average rating with adults 18-49. CBS pulled in 4.8 million viewers, leading Fox's 3 million.
On the CW, a new episode of America's Next Top Model managed to reach a season high among adults 18-49, a 0.7 rating, against the new competition from Shark Tank. Following the reality series up with an encore of Nikita, the CW averaged a 0.5 adults rating and 1.1 million viewers for the night.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR