TV Ratings: 'The Simpsons' Gets Big NFL Bump, 'Revenge' Rises
Overrun from the 49ers-Packers game gives a decisive win to Fox as "Sunday Night Football" exits the primetime picture.
Without Sunday Night Football, the weekend wrapped with a new primetime victor in Fox. Overrun from the San Francisco 49ers' victory over the Green Bay Packers kicked off the network's block with a massive 13.3 rating among adults 18-49.
Fast National returns are tentative, but most series in Fox's Animation Domination block saw boosts with the lead-in -- most specifically The Simpsons (5.2 adults). The series was up 1.7 points from its last original. Bob's Burgers (3.2 adults) improved by eight-tenths, while Family Guy (3.0 adults) held with its last original. American Dad (2.5 adults) was up by a tenth of a point, giving Fox a nightly average of a 6.6 rating among adults 18-49 and 17.8 million viewers.
Taking second place was NBC. The SNF-less network offered a two-hour Dateline (1.3 adults), off two-tenths from last year's Sunday opener, and special The Best of Late Night With Jimmy Fallon (2.0 adults). NBC averaged a 1.6 rating with adults 18-49 and 5.8 million viewers.
America's Funniest Home Videos (1.6 adults) moved up by two-tenths of a point on ABC for a season high. A Bachelor preview special (1.8 adults) led into a lifted Revenge (1.8 adults) -- up three-tenths of a point from its winter ender. Betrayal (0.8 adults) held with its last original, giving ABC a 1.5 rating among adults 18-49 and 5.8 million viewers.
CBS saw 60 Minutes (1.2 adults) drop nearly a point without a lead-in from football. The Good Wife (1.4 adults) and The Mentalist (1.5 adults) dropped a respective two- and three-tenths of a point. The network took a 1.4 rating among adults 18-49 and 8.3 million viewers over the night.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws