TV Ratings: Slipping 'X Factor' Loses to Barbara Walters Special, 'Sing-Off'
ABC News' annual "Most Fascinating People" special tops Wednesday, besting the Fox and NBC singing competitions.
Wednesday proved to be relatively uneventful as ABC's annual Most Fascinating People special topped the night with a 2.1 rating among adults 18-49. Following comedy encores, Barbara Walters' latest installment in the yearly franchise was steady with its 2012 performance. The host will retire in the spring, so this marked her final outing. ABC averaged a 1.8 rating with adults 18-49 and 7.2 million viewers.
NBC's The Sing-Off, again softer without its Voice lead-in, still managed to top the performance finale of The X Factor with a 1.6 adults rating -- down two-tenths of a point from last week. Michael Buble's Christmas special (1.3 adults) was within a tenth of a point of last year's outing. NBC took a 1.5 adults rating and 5.3 million viewers.
The X Factor (1.3 adults) hit an all-time Wednesday low with its performance finale, falling 52 percent from last December's comparable episode (2.7 adults). The Fox series averaged 5 million total viewers.
After CBS' annual Home for the Holidays special (0.6 adults), down two-tenths from last year, encores gave the network an average 1.0 rating with adults 18-49 and 5.96 million viewers for the night.
The CW's iHeartRadio Jingle Ball special averaged a 0.6 rating with adults 18-49 and 1.4 million viewers.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR