TV Ratings: 'Smash' Gets Quiet Sendoff, NASCAR Tops Sunday
The NBC drama wraps its run, pulling just a 0.5 rating in the demo, while Fox's race coverage wins the night.
Fox's coverage of the NASCAR Sprint Cup topped Sunday night during the Memorial Day weekend. Fast National returns have the race averaging a 1.9 rating among adults 18-49 -- though time zone adjustments pushed last year's comparable event up by two tenths of a point. The race, which aired between 7 and 10 p.m., averaged 6.98 million viewers.
Smash (0.5 adults) wrapped up its sobering sophomore season at 9 p.m. The two-hour series finale was up a tenth of a point from its last-Saturday showing on May 11. NBC averaged a 0.5 rating with adults 18-49 and 2.4 million viewers for the night.
ABC and CBS both aired encores, averaging a respective 0.6 and 0.5 rating among adults 18-49 and 2.96 and 4.5 million viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack