TV Ratings: 'Smash' Gets Quiet Sendoff, NASCAR Tops Sunday
The NBC drama wraps its run, pulling just a 0.5 rating in the demo, while Fox's race coverage wins the night.
Fox's coverage of the NASCAR Sprint Cup topped Sunday night during the Memorial Day weekend. Fast National returns have the race averaging a 1.9 rating among adults 18-49 -- though time zone adjustments pushed last year's comparable event up by two tenths of a point. The race, which aired between 7 and 10 p.m., averaged 6.98 million viewers.
Smash (0.5 adults) wrapped up its sobering sophomore season at 9 p.m. The two-hour series finale was up a tenth of a point from its last-Saturday showing on May 11. NBC averaged a 0.5 rating with adults 18-49 and 2.4 million viewers for the night.
ABC and CBS both aired encores, averaging a respective 0.6 and 0.5 rating among adults 18-49 and 2.96 and 4.5 million viewers.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR