TV Ratings: 'Smash' and 'The Voice' Climb Against Many Monday Repeats
NBC returns to dominance, after being sidelined by last week's Daytona 500, with considerable jumps for both series against competition from "The Bachelor" and a two-hour "Alcatraz."
With CBS out of the equation on Monday night, airing a three-hour block of encores, NBC had little in the way of competition for its Monday lineup. The Voice and Smash saw significant boosts, pushing the network to an easy win among adults 18-49 and total viewers.
Fast affiliate ratings give The Voice a 13 percent jump over last week, driving the adults 18-49 rating to a 6.1. Smash grew even more, approaching premiere-level ratings with a 17 percent jump and a 2.7 in the demo. The network averaged a 4.9 among adults and 13.7 million viewers.
ABC's two-hour Bachelor: The Women Tell All special averaged a 2.5 among adults 18-49, down just a tenth from the week before. Combined with a repeat of Castle, ABC brought in a 2.1 adults rating and 7.6 million.
A two-hour block of Alcatraz was steady with its previous broadcast two weeks ago, pulling in a 1.8 among adults 18-49 and 5.7 million viewers. The score helped Fox match CBS' block of encores, which also averaged a 1.8 in the demo but nabbed 6.9 million viewers.
The CW ran repeats America's Next Top Model and Hart of Dixie to the tune of a 0.4 rating among adults 18-49
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)