TV Ratings: 'SNL Christmas,' 'Dateline' Gift NBC Demo Win on Friday Night
With viewers evidently in the holiday spirit, NBC took home the 18-49 demographic, while CBS edged out an overall win on Friday.
Tis the season to be NBC.
The network's strong fall continued with an 18-49 win on Friday night, powered by Dateline, which grabbed a 1.7 demo at 10 pm (good for a .6 surge), and a two hour Christmas-themed Saturday Night Live clips show, which earned a 1.5 rating and five share in the 8 pm time slot.
CBS, which won the night in total viewers, rode the strength of Blue Bloods' 1.7 at 10 pm (with over 11 million overall viewers, a slight fall) and Undercover Boss, which stayed steady at 1.8 demo and nearly eight million total pairs of eyeballs.
ABC's programming took a bit of a hit; Tim Allen's Last Man Standing and Reba McEntire's Malibu Country each notched 1.4 in the demo, falling from 1.6 and 1.5, respectively.
Fox's Fringe, in its final season, came back from weeks of repeats to a 0.9, while Kitchen Nightmares out up a 1.2.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)