TV Ratings: 'SNL Christmas,' 'Dateline' Gift NBC Demo Win on Friday Night
With viewers evidently in the holiday spirit, NBC took home the 18-49 demographic, while CBS edged out an overall win on Friday.
Tis the season to be NBC.
The network's strong fall continued with an 18-49 win on Friday night, powered by Dateline, which grabbed a 1.7 demo at 10 pm (good for a .6 surge), and a two hour Christmas-themed Saturday Night Live clips show, which earned a 1.5 rating and five share in the 8 pm time slot.
CBS, which won the night in total viewers, rode the strength of Blue Bloods' 1.7 at 10 pm (with over 11 million overall viewers, a slight fall) and Undercover Boss, which stayed steady at 1.8 demo and nearly eight million total pairs of eyeballs.
ABC's programming took a bit of a hit; Tim Allen's Last Man Standing and Reba McEntire's Malibu Country each notched 1.4 in the demo, falling from 1.6 and 1.5, respectively.
Fox's Fringe, in its final season, came back from weeks of repeats to a 0.9, while Kitchen Nightmares out up a 1.2.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR