TV Ratings: 'Talent' and 'Big Brother' Hit Wednesday Highs, 'Oh Sit!' Premieres Strong for CW
The musical chairs game show posts a decent score in the key demo, while a steady "So You Think You Can Dance" tops the night for Fox.
A steady So You Think You Can Dance gave Fox the night's best average in the key demo on Wednesday. The 1.7 rating among adults 18-49 bested the other broadcast nets, most of which packaged stronger reality broadcasts with encores. Fox also averaged 4.7 million viewers.
NBC saw America's Got Talent matching a summer high for a Wednesday. The results show earned a 2.2 rating among adults 18-49, the same number it posted on the eve of the Olympics. Encores of America's Got Talent and Law & Order: SVU gave NBC an overall rating of a 1.6 among adults 18-49 and the night's largest audience: 6.2 million viewers.
A 1.5 adults rating put Univision in third place, putting it just a tenth of a point ahead of CBS. The latter saw a boosted Big Brother hit a 2.1 rating among adults 18-49, a Wednesday high, and repeats of Criminal Minds and CSI. CBS averaged 5.5 million viewers for the night.
ABC was strictly in repeats, airing a particularly strong 20/20 special (1.3 adults rating) at 10 p.m. The network averaged a 1.2 rating among adults 18-49 and 3.6 million viewers.
The CW saw its strongest premiere of the summer in Oh Sit! The game show, an extreme take on musical chairs, posted a 0.5 rating among adults 18-49 and earned the network 1.3 million viewers. Lumped in with an encore of Supernatural, the network earned a 0.4 adults rating for the night an 967,000 viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram