TV RATINGS: 'So You Think You Can Dance' Finale Down 9%
With NFL pre-season preemptions on local affiliates affecting fast national numbers, CBS tentatively wins the night.
CBS won the night according to fast nationals, but due to NFL pre-season preemptions on local affiliates, the numbers could change later.
CBS rated a 2.3 in the key 18-49 demo with 8.6 million total viewers tuning in for Big Brother.
Fox came in second with a 2.1 rating. The season finale of So You Think You Can Dance was up 24 percent from last week in the key demo, and 17 percent overall in total viewers. But it was down 9 percent from 2010's finale.
ABC rated 1.6, with Wipeout, Expedition Impossible and Rookie Blue not moving the dial much compared to last week.
Univision earned a 1.3, and beat NBC, which rated 1.0 with reruns of Community, Parks & Recreation, The Office, 30 Rock and Law & Order: SVU.
Below, the networks ranked with show ratings and total viewers:
CBS - 2.3
Big Bang Theory R: 2.2, 7.8 total viewers
Rules of Engagement R: 2.1, 7.2 total viewers
Big Brother: 3.2, 8.6 total viewers
Mentalist R: 1.6, 6.9 total viewers
FOX - 2.1
So You Think You Can Dance: 2.1, 6.3 total viewers
ABC - 1.6
Wipeout: 1.9, 6.3 total viewers
Expedition Impossible: 1.6, 5.2 total viewers
Rookie Blue: 1.4, 5.1 total viewers
NBC - 1.0
Community R: 0.7, 2.7 total viewers
Parks & Recreation R: 0.9, 2.6 total viewers
Office R: 1.2, 3.1 total viewers
30 Rock R: 1.0, 2.7 total viewers
Law & Order: SVU R: 1.0, 3.7 total viewers
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR