TV Ratings: Sochi Improves From Wednesday, 'Idol' and 'Super Fun Night' Fall
Still down from Vancouver, NBC's Winter Games improve on Wednesday as original competition falters.
With an average 5.0 rating among adults 18-49 and 20.1 million viewers on Wednesday night, NBC's coverage of the Sochi Olympics was improved from Tuesday lows but again down from Vancouver. The block was down 9 percent in the key demo.
Relatively steady in its last two regularly scheduled episodes against the Games, American Idol took a hit on Fox. The reality show averaged a 2.6 rating among adults 18-49 — down eight-tenths of a point from last week. Idol also pulled 9.9 million viewers.
CBS resumed some originals after a long Olympics hiatus. Both Criminal Minds (2.4 adults) and CSI (2.0 adults) were new, with Criminal Minds down four-tenths and CSI holding steady.
Super Fun Night also made a quiet exit on ABC. The comedy, which had an abbreviated first season, dropped to a series low of a 0.9 rating among adults 18-49 in its finale.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'