TV Ratings: Sochi Olympics Top an Otherwise Sleepy Friday
NBC's Friday coverage hits a primetime low against encore competition.
NBC's coverage of the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi continue to the rest of the broadcast heap -- though even against an otherwise empty Friday schedule, the Olympics dipped again on Friday.
Fast National returns give the 8-11 p.m. block an average 4.5 rating among adults 18-49 and 19.1 million viewers -- both lows for NBC's primetime coverage this Olympics. Still, the coverage remains less than 10 percent shy of the Vancouver games in total viewers. As of Friday afternoon, NBC released cross-data network touting 151 million viewers over the first week of the Olympics.
Friday also marked Meredith Vieira's first night anchoring in Bob Costas' stead. All other broadcast networks aired repeats on Friday, though ABC led the race for second place with encores of Shark Tank and 20/20.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR