TV Ratings: Sochi Olympics Top an Otherwise Sleepy Friday
NBC's Friday coverage hits a primetime low against encore competition.
NBC's coverage of the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi continue to the rest of the broadcast heap -- though even against an otherwise empty Friday schedule, the Olympics dipped again on Friday.
Fast National returns give the 8-11 p.m. block an average 4.5 rating among adults 18-49 and 19.1 million viewers -- both lows for NBC's primetime coverage this Olympics. Still, the coverage remains less than 10 percent shy of the Vancouver games in total viewers. As of Friday afternoon, NBC released cross-data network touting 151 million viewers over the first week of the Olympics.
Friday also marked Meredith Vieira's first night anchoring in Bob Costas' stead. All other broadcast networks aired repeats on Friday, though ABC led the race for second place with encores of Shark Tank and 20/20.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing