TV Ratings: Sochi Shrinks in Final Friday
With no banner events left, NBC's coverage falls 43 percent from the comparable night in Vancouver.
With figure skating at an end and Friday morning putting an end to America's hopes for gold in men's hockey, NBC's evening Olympic coverage was predictably low-rated.
Fast National returns for primetime have Sochi averaging just 14.55 million viewers and a 3.5 rating among adults 18-49. In the key demo, that's down a whopping 43 percent from the final Friday in Vancouver. (That shrinking didn't hinder Jimmy Fallon, who closed his first week on Tonight with another strong turnout.)
Competition was again at a minimum, though perennial Friday champ Shark Tank put out an original. With an average 1.7 rating among adults 18-49, it was down four-tenths of a point from its last new outing -- but still posted a strong second to Sochi. 20/20 (1.5 adults) was up from its last week with an original lead-in.
The rest of the broadcast networks were again in encores.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR