TV Ratings: Soft 'X Factor' Wins Wednesday for Fox, Tying 'Charlie Brown' Special
A slew of series -- "Survivor," "Modern Family," "Chicago Fire," -- drop, while ABC's annual airing of Halloween cartoon grows 17 percent from last year.
The X Factor returned to live telecasts last night. With TV seeing its annual Halloween usage drop (down seven percent in adults 18-49 for all of primetime compared to last Wednesday) and an eleventh hour decision to move the episode from Thursday, the series pulled a 2.7 rating with adults 18-49 and 7.4 million viewers in time-zone adjusted numbers. That's a bump from last week's special telecast, but a 22 percent drop from the last Wednesday episode (3.5 rating with adults 18-49 on Oct. 11).
CBS earned a second place finish with a 2.5 adults rating and 10.9 million viewers for the night. Survivor was down 14 percent to a 2.4 rating in the demo. Criminal Minds pulled a 2.9 rating with adults 18-49, down six percent, and CSI dropped four percent to a 2.3 in the demo.
The annual special broadcast of It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown grew by 17 percent from last year. The half-hour cartoon earned a 2.7 rating among adults 18-49, while the rest of the ABC block saw losses from last Wednesday. The Neighbors (1.8 adults rating) was down 10 percent, Modern Family (4.1 adults rating) fell 16 percent, Suburgatory (2.4 adults rating) dropped 11 percent and Nashville (1.8 adults rating) was down 10 percent. ABC averaged a 2.4 rating with 18-49-ers and 7 million viewers.
A displaced 30 Rock was steady on NBC with a 1.2 adults rating. Guys With Kids (1.4 adults rating) was also steady, while Law & Order: SVU (1.7 adults rating) and Chicago Fire (1.5 adults rating) were both down -- 11 and 17 percent, respectively. The network pulled a 1.5 demo rating for the night and 5.1 million viewers.
Arrow dropped a tenth of a point from last week to a 1.0 rating with adults 18-49 on The CW, while Supernatural (0.9 adults rating) rose two tenths of a point. The network averaged a 1.0 rating in the demo and 2.7 million viewers.
Univision brought in a 1.4 rating in the demo.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!