TV Ratings: 'Sons of Anarchy' Wraps Most-Watched Season With 5.2 Million Viewers
UPDATED: The sixth run of FX's top-rated original also fetches 3.5 million adults 18-49 during its Tuesday broadcast.
Sons of Anarchy capped off its penultimate season is a suitably big fashion. The episode, the series' most-watched finale to date, fetched 5.2 million viewers in its original telecast.
The episode drew 3.5 million adults 18-49, climbing to a cumulative 4.3 million with an encore factored in. (The series grossed 6.4 million total viewers over the two telecasts.)
Sons of Anarchy comes shy of its all-time record for an original FX telecast, the 5.87 million viewers it brought it with its September premiere, but it easily outpaces previous finales. Sons of Anarchy also sees the obligatory lifts from DVR use. Most current returns give the series an average 7.3 million viewers. An average 5.0 million adults 18-49 also makes it basic cable's number three scripted player for 2013 -- behind The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad.
The series kicks off its seventh and final season in fall 2014 -- with American Horror Story currently pacing as FX's ratings heir apparent.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)