TV Ratings: Stanley Cup Finals Off to Strong Start, 'MasterChef' Steady
NBC's coverage of the hockey tournament jumps triple digits over 2012, while Fox tops the night in nonsports programming.
The matchup of the Boston Bruins and the Chicago Blackhawks looks likely to be a boon to Stanley Cup ratings. Fast National returns have the first game of the series up a whopping 140 percent from last year's preliminary Game 1 ratings. Though adjustments are likely when time zones are taken into account, NBC's coverage currently is averaging a 2.4 rating among adults 18-49 and 6.4 million viewers.
MasterChef placed a solid second on Fox, holding steady with last week's 2.3 rating with adults 18-49 and averaging 5.6 million viewers for the night.
CBS saw some traction with The American Baking Competition (1.2 adults). The series grew for the first time, moving up a tenth of a point from last week. Averaged in with encores, the network pulled a 1.2 rating with adults 18-49 and 6.44 million viewers.
Amid repeats on ABC, new episodes of Family Tools (0.9 adults) and Nightline: The Lookout (1.1 adults) were both flat with last week, while How to Live With Your Parents (1.2 adults) dropped another tenth of a point to a series low.
Encores brought an average 0.3 rating with adults 18-49 and 1.2 million viewers to the CW.
Univision averaged a 1.4 rating with adults 18-49 and 3.6 million viewers, while Telemundo averaged a 0.7 rating in the demo and 1.5 million viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10