TV Ratings: Steady 'X Factor' Leads Wednesday Heading Into Finale
Against a slew of encores, "Chicago Fire," the Miss Universe Pageant and Katie Couric's year-end ABC News special see growth.
The X Factor, even with last week's Wednesday final, pulled a 2.7 rating in adults 18-to-49 and 8.3 million viewers going into tonight's season finale, easily winning both the demo and audience across the broadcast networks.
NBC, the only other network to air all originals, came in second with a 1.8 rating and 6.3 million viewers. The network had the 61st annual Miss Universe Pageant (1.8), up 13 percent from last year, before a new episode of Chicago Fire (1.9) grew 36 percent.
ABC brought in a 1.5 rating and 5.2 million viewers with comedy encores and a 20/20 special. The Year With Katie Couric (1.6) was up 7 percent compared with last year's special.
The CBS special Home for the Holidays (0.9) was up 13 percent compared with last year. Encores of Criminal Minds and CSI rounded out the night for an average 1.1 rating and 5.8 million viewers.
The Christmas movie Noel pulled a 0.3 rating and 1.6 million viewers on The CW. And Univision averaged a 1.5 rating in 18-to-49.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws