TV Ratings: 'Allen Gregory' Off to Slow Start, 'Once Upon A Time' Stays Solid
Sunday Night Football wins the evening for NBC, while the sophomore outing of ABC's fairy tale drama holds in adults 18-49 and Fox's latest animated addition fails to make much of an impact.
The Philadelphia Eagles' domination of the Dallas Cowboys during Sunday Night Football gave a clear ratings victory for NBC last night, with the network averaging 16.8 million viewers for the night, with a 6.7 rating in adults 18 to 49.
ABC also fared well, seeing slight increases on both Desperate Housewives (9.3 million, 3.1) and Pan Am (5.6 million, 1.9). Once Upon a Time also had a lot to be pleased with during its second outing. Total viewership only slipped by a million, down to 11.6, while losing little hold in adults 18 to 49, earning a 3.9.
FOX's animated block returned after a several-week hiatus, with the notable addition of Allen Gregory. The series premiere only fared better than the 9:30 broadcast of The Cleveland Show, though, debuting to 4.7 million with a 2.4 in the key demo. The Simpsons' annual "Treehouse of Horrors" Halloween special was received by 8 million, with 4.0 in adults 18 to 49.
Overall, CBS came in second to NBC, averaging 14.5 million over the course of the night with a 3.7 in adults -- helped, no doubt, by NFL runover. Fox (5.6 million, 2.7) followed in adults but was topped by ABC (7.9 million, 2.5) in total audience.
NBC - 6.7
- Football Night In America: 1.4 million, 4.7
- Sunday Night Football (Philadelphia vs. Dallas from 8:30 - 11 p.m.): 20.4 million, 8.2
CBS - 3.7
- Football runover/60 Minutes: 23.5 million, 6.8
- Amazing Race 19: 14.3 million, 3.5
- The Good Wife: 10.1 million, 2.2
- CSI: Miami: 10.1 million, 2.0
FOX - 2.7
- The Cleveland Show (R): 4.8 million, 1.9
- The Simpsons (R): 5.4 million, 2.5
- The Simpsons: 8 million, 4.0
- Allen Gregory: 4.7 million, 2.4
- Family Guy: 5.96 million, 3.2
- The Cleveland Show: 4.6 million, 2.3
ABC - 2.5
- Once Upon a Time (R): 5.2 million, 1.2
- Once Upon a Time: 11.6 million, 3.9
- Desperate Housewives: 9.3 million, 3.1
- Pan Am: 5.6 million, 1.9