9:28am PT by Michael O'Connell
TV Ratings: Andy Rooney Tribute Does Well for '60 Minutes,' 'Once Upon a Time' Consistent
Little more than a day after news of his Nov. 4 death, veteran commentator Andy Rooney received a tribute from his former series, 60 Minutes, giving the CBS newsmagazine a bump to 13.7 million viewers, with a 2.2 in adults 18-49.
Rooney's final broadcast, which aired only one month ago, gave the series 17.11 million viewers, its largest audience since 2007.
NBC's Steelers/Ravens Sunday Night Football match-up pushed the network to top the evening, giving the network a handed win in both adults 18-49 (6.3) and average audience (16.3 million) for the night.
ABC's Once Upon a Time dipped slightly in its third outing, but continued to hold much of its premiere audience. The series clocked a 3.7 in adults 18-49, with 11.4 million viewers. A Once Upon a Time repeat, followed by Desperate Housewives (8.7 million, 2.8) and Pan Am (5.2 million, 1.8) gave the network an last place audience of 7.4 million for the night, with a 2.4 in the demo.
Football overage boosted Fox's Sunday numbers, giving it an average audience of 10.9 million, with the ensuing animation line-up contributing to a strong showing of 4.6 in adults 18-49.
NBC - 6.3
- Football Night In America: 12.3 million, 4.4
- Sunday Night Football (Pittsburgh vs. Baltimore from 8:30 - 11 p.m.): 20.2 million, 8.0
FOX - 436
- The OT: 21.2 million, 8.0
- The Simpsons: 8 million, 3.7
- Allen Gregory: 4.2 million, 2.1
- Family Guy: 5.7 million, 3.0
- American Dad: 4.8 million, 2.5
ABC - 2.4
- Once Upon a Time (R): 4.1 million, 1.1
- Once Upon a Time: 11.4 million, 3.7
- Desperate Housewives: 8.7 million, 2.8
- Pan Am: 5.2 million, 1.8
CBS - 2.2
- 60 Minutes: 13.7 million, 2.2
- Amazing Race 19: 9.98 million, 2.6
- The Good Wife: 8.99 million, 2.1
- CSI: Miami: 8.6 million, 1.9