TV Ratings: Sunday Night Football Lifts, 'Bachelorette' Wedding Fizzles
The 49ers victory over the Patriots dominates the night for NBC, while CBS gets a strong second with boosts from NFL overrun.
NFL overage and pre-emptions from President Obama's Newtown address make Sunday's early returns subject to change, though NBC gets a decisive win with the San Francisco 49ers and the New England Patriots.
The network's coverage of Sunday Night Football pulled a 7.6 rating among adults 18-to-49, up 10 percent compared with last week's fast national number and just two tenths of a point shy of the final. Football Night in America averaged a 3.8 adults rating over its 90-minute broadcast, giving the network an average 6.2 adults rating and 16.7 million viewers.
CBS' primetime block was delayed by nearly an hour's worth of NFL overrun, with 60 Minutes (abbreviated by the Newtown address) pulling a 4.6 adults rating when it finally aired near 8 p.m. The Survivor finale, while down from last fall's ender, was up three tenths of a point from the penultimate episode to a 3.2 rating. Before adjustments, the network averaged a 4.9 rating and 16.96 million viewers.
Overrun bled into an encore of Fox's Cleveland Show, before an original (1.4) was down two tenths of a point from its last original. The Simpsons (1.9) fell 44 percent without an NFL lead, while an original episode of Bob's Burgers (1.2/1.6 rating) was broken up by the Newtown address. The network averaged a 1.5 rating and 3.4 million viewers.
After encores of America's Funniest Home Videos and Wipeout, ABC's Bachelorette: Ashley & JP's Wedding pulled just a 0.9 adults rating. The network averaged a 1.1 in the demo and 4.2 million viewers.
Univision averaged a 1.2 rating in adults 18-to-49.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10