TV Ratings: 'Sunday Night Football' Dips From Opener, 'Miss America' Rises
NBC's 49ers-Seahawks matchup wins the night, though down from last week, while CBS gets a lift from the Mannings.
The NFL continues to drive audiences in the second week of the season, with NBC's Sunday Night Football bringing in an obligatory win last night and two other nets getting boosts from overage.
Sunday Night Football, which pitted the San Francisco 49ers against the Seattle Seahawks, was down from its opener last week. Fast National returns give the game a 7.4 rating among adults 18-49, down 19 percent from last week's early numbers. The game should see solid growth with finals. The three half-hour installments of Football Night in America averaged respective 3.0, 4.1 and 6.2 ratings. NBC's early averages for the nights are a 6.3 rating with adults 18-49 and 15.95 million viewers.
"Manning Bowl III," which saw the sibling quarterbacks square off against each other when the Denver Broncos played the New York Giants, brought a 15-year high for the NFL on CBS. Overage of the game averaged a 6.4 rating with adults 18-49, making early returns for 60 Minutes (2.8 adults) and Big Brother (1.8 adults) tentative. The network averaged a 2.9 adults rating and 10.3 million viewers.
NFL overage was a similar boon to Fox, with the network's animation encores averaging a 1.8 rating with adults 18-49 and 4.5 million viewers.
The Miss America Pageant was helped by its move back to a fall Sunday. The ABC special averaged a 1.9 rating with adults 18-49, up 19 percent from January's Saturday showing. 20/20: Pageant Confidential (0.9 adults) was up three-tenths of a point. ABC brought in a 1.4 adults rating and 6.6 million viewers.
Univision averaged a 1.0 rating with adults 18-49 and 2.9 million viewers, while Telemundo pulled a 0.4 adults rating and 918,000.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'