TV Ratings: 'Sunday Night Football' Rises Despite Blowout
The Eagles topple the Bears in the season's most lopsided victory, while ABC's annual airing of "The Sound of Music" hits a six-year high.
The latest installment of Sunday Night Football may have been a nonstarter for the Chicago Bears -- the Philadelphia Eagles toppled them 54-11 -- but the most one-sided victory in the NFL this season still topped Sunday primetime. NBC's airing of the game averaged a 5.5 rating among adults 18-49 in Fast National returns -- up 12 percent from last week. Ahead of time zone adjustments, the network averaged a 4.4 rating with adults 18-49 and 13.1 million viewers for the night.
A strong start from NFL overrun led into a new episode of 60 Minutes on CBS -- though final numbers are subject to change, early returns have the network averaging a 2.1 rating with adults 18-49 and 10.3 million viewers.
Also seeing some overrun from football was Fox, which was otherwise in encores on Sunday night to the tune of a 1.6 rating with adults 18-49 and 3.99 million viewers.
ABC can probably thank NBC for the buoyed interest in this year's rebroadcast of The Sound of Music. The 1965 film, airing three weeks after the Peacock's live telecast of the stage musical, hit a six-year high on the Alphabet net. Averaging 6.5 million viewers and a 1.3 rating among adults 18-49, between 7 and 11 p.m., the movie was up two-tenths of a point from last year.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed