TV Ratings: Surging Billboard Awards Hit High, 'Apprentice' Finale Drops From Last Year
ABC's broadcast of the music kudos jumps 33 percent from 2012, while Fox's Sunday animation block gets mostly steady sendoffs.
The final Sunday of the 2012-13 TV season brought an easy win for ABC, driven by a boosted Billboard Music Awards. With Fast National returns giving the show a 3.6 rating among adults 18-49 before time zone adjustments, it's up 33 percent from last year's finals (2.7 adults). The three-hour show, put on by The Hollywood Reporter's sister publication, also averaged 9.5 million viewers. Adding in a new America's Funniest Home Videos (up three tenths to a 1.8 adults), ABC averaged a 3.1 rating with adults 18-49 and 8.9 million viewers.
The finale of The Cleveland Show (1.1 adults) inched up a tenth of a point from its last original on Fox. Steady with last year, but down two tenths of a point from last week, the official Simpsons finale (1.8 adults) led into a special broadcast at 8:30 p.m. (2.1 adults). Family Guy, which also aired two episodes, saw the scheduled 9 p.m. episode (2.6 adults) even with last year's finale before the second brought in a 2.5 in the demo. Fox averaged a 1.8 rating with adults 18-49 and 3.9 million viewers.
60 Minutes (1.3 adults) was down two tenths of a point on CBS. Factoring in the special Tim McGraw's Superstar Summer Night (1.2 adults), the network averaged a 1.3 rating with adults 18-49 and 7.8 million viewers.
NBC closed out another season of Celebrity Apprentice (1.5 adults) with a two-hour episode. Up two tenths of a point from last week, the series was down 32 percent from the last cycle's ender (2.2 adults). NBC finished the night with a 1.1 rating among adults 18-49 and 3.9 million viewers.
Univision averaged a 1.0 rating among adults 18-49 and 2.8 million viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game