TV Ratings: 'Terra Nova' Launches Modestly, '2 Broke Girls' Dips 37%
UPDATED: NBC's "The Playboy Club" sinks 19 percent in its second week.
Fox's big-budget adventure series, Terra Nova, debuted on television Monday, posting respectable numbers for its two-hour launch.
Terra Nova (9 million total viewers, 3.0 rating in adults 18-49 demographic), executive produced by Steven Spielberg, did modestly, up against heavy competition on CBS and ABC. The ambitious drama improved Fox's average by 25 percent from last season in the key demo, but the high-concept series is on an uphill climb to see if it can grow its audience in its second week.
CBS' Two and a Half Men took an expected dive for its second episode, drawing 20 million and posting a 7.2 rating, giving it the easy victory on Monday night. The rest of the CBS comedies, save for the premiere of Mike & Molly (14 million, 4.9) improving 26 percent from last year's launch, dipped from their season premieres. How I Met Your Mother (10.6 million, 4.4) was down 6 percent, 2 Broke Girls (11.6 million, 4.5) -- in its time period premiere -- saw an expected 37 percent dip. Hawaii Five-0 (11.1 million, 3.3) was relatively steady at 10 p.m. CBS topped the night in the demo, averaging a 4.6.
NBC's The Playboy Club continued to sink, dropping another 19 percent in its second week to draw 3.8 million and a 1.3. The Sing-Off (4.4 million, 1.7) didn't help Playboy either, hitting a series low in the demo.
ABC's Dancing With the Stars (16 million, 3.3) was its lowest-rated performance show to date, while Castle (11.9 million, 2.9) was down 9 percent in the demo, the latter a steady second in its time period behind Hawaii Five-0.
The CW's Gossip Girl (1.4 million, 0.8) returned for its fifth season, improving 22 percent in among the adults 18-34 demo from the season closer. Rachel Bilson's Hart of Dixie (1.8 million, 0.8) launched following the veteran Josh Schwartz soap, building upon its lead-in in total viewers by 29 perent. Dixie expanded its audience in the second half hour (1.7 million vs. 1.9 million) and the 18-49 demo (0.7 vs. 0.8).
Notably, Univision's Teresa beat The Sing-Off in among adults 18-49 and Gossip Girl at 8 p.m. with a 1.8 rating, while the network's La Fuerza del Destino topped the second hour of The Sing-Off and Hart of Dixie with a 2.0. Perhaps more telling is Univision's Don Francisco Presenta posting the same 1.3 rating as the struggling Playboy Club (1.3).
CBS - 4.6
· How I Met Your Mother: 10.6 million, 4.4
· 2 Broke Girls: 11.6 million, 4.5
· Two & A Half Men: 20 million, 7.2
· Mike & Molly (P): 14 million, 4.9
· Hawaii Five-0: 11.1 million, 3.3
ABC - 3.1
· Dancing With the Stars: 16 million, 3.3
· Castle: 11.9 million, 2.9
Fox - 3.0
· Terra Nova (P): 9 million, 3.0
NBC - 1.5
· The Sing-Off: 4.4 million, 1.7
· The Playboy Club: 3.8 million, 1.3
The CW - 0.8
· Gossip Girl (P): 1.4 million, 0.8
· Hart of Dixie (P): 1.8 million, 0.8
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Ian Somerhalder Sings Smokey Robinson Classic in 'Esquire China' Behind the Scene Video - Watch Now!
- 'Glee'Actor Harry Shum Jr. is Engaged to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara!
- Nicole Richie Proudly Rocks New Purple Hair at Lunch with Joel Madden!
- Zooey Deschanel's 'New Girl' & Mindy Kaling's 'Mindy Project' Get Early Renewals From Fox!