TV Ratings: Tony Awards Improves, NBA Finals Dominates Sunday
CBS' telecast of the Neil Patrick Harris-hosted awards show rose 9 percent compared to last year.
It was all about the theater -- and basketball -- on Sunday night.
CBS' telecast of the 65th Annual Tony Awards (6.9 million total viewers, 1.2 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic), hosted by How I Met Your Mother star Neil Patrick Harris, improved 9 percent compared to last year's Sean Hayes-hosted program. In the 25-54 demo, the Tonys were steady from the previous year.
The Tonys were dominated by The Book of Mormon, which won nine out of 14 awards it was nominated for including best musical, and War Horse, which Steven Spielberg is adapting for the big screen.
On the other end of the spectrum was Game 6 of the NBA Finals between the Dallas Mavericks and Miami Heat on ABC. (The Mavericks were named NBA Champions.) Though final numbers will come in later, it looks as if ABC's telecast -- which rose drastically from last year's comparable game -- topped the night in the adult demo.
CBS' 60 Minutes (9.2 million, 1.1) aired at 7 p.m., along with NBC's Dateline (3.8 million, 0.8).
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR