TV Ratings: 'Touch' Returns Soft, 'The Job' Opens Softer
Kiefer Sutherland's Fox drama hits a series low in its Friday debut, while the CBS reality launch makes little impact.
ABC topped Friday among adults 18-49 (1.6 rating), starting with boosted Last Man Standing (1.6 adults) and Malibu Country (1.3 adults). The comedies were up two and one tenth of a point, respectively. Shark Tank (1.9 adults), the night's strongest performer, was even with last week. 20/20 (1.3 adults) was off two tenths. The network averaged 6 million viewers.
NBC's news block served it well, with Dateline (1.5 adults) rising 36 percent from last week's 10 p.m. showing and Rock Center With Brian Williams (1.3 adults) jumping 63 percent in its Friday debut. The network averaged a 1.4 adults rating and 6.5 million viewers.
CBS topped in viewers with 8.2 million, averaging a 1.3 rating with adults 18-49. The Job (0.9 adults) had a soft debut at 8 p.m., last in the hour across the big four and 53 percent shy of the Undercover Boss premiere in November. CSI: NY (1.6 adults) was up a tenth of a point and Blue Bloods (1.5 adults) was even.
Touch, debuting in the Friday slot after a ninth-month hiatus, opened with a 1.1 rating in 18-49 before falling to a 0.9 adults rating in its second hour. The two-hour premiere averaged a series low 1.0 rating with adults 18-49 and 4.1 million viewers. Touch, which opened to a massive haul after post-American Idol sampling last season, bottomed out at a 1.3 adults rating in its first season.
Nikita was up a tenth of a point to a 0.5 adults rating on the CW. The network averaged a 0.4 rating in the demo and 1 million viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game