TV Ratings: 'Undercover Boss' Returns Down But Boosts CBS
Filling the hole left by "The Job," the unscripted series places second on Friday to ABC's "Shark Tank."
Topping the night with adults 18-49 (1.5 rating) and averaging 5.9 million viewers, ABC kicked off Friday with both Last Man Standing (1.3 adults) and Malibu Country (1.1 adults) off a tenth of a point from their last originals. Shark Tank (1.8 adults), the night's best in the demo, held last week's score, while 20/20 (1.4 adults) was off a tenth of a point at 10 p.m.
Undercover Boss (1.5 adults) made a welcome return to CBS -- boosting the network's 8 p.m. hour by nearly a full point from the low-rated Job, pulled from the schedule after two episodes, but four tenths of a point short of its last original. The season finale of CSI: NY (1.2 adults) was even with the previous original. Blue Bloods (1.4 adults) was also steady, giving the network an average 1.4 rating with adults 18-49 and a dominant 9.3 million viewers.
NBC's news block saw Dateline (1.4 adults) up a tenth of a point from the previous week, while Rock Center With Brian Williams (1.0 adults) lost a tenth of a point. The network averaged 1.3 rating with 18-49-ers and 5.6 million viewers.
Both Kitchen Nightmares (1.1 adults) and Touch (0.7 adults) were even with last week's showings on Fox, giving the network an average 0.9 adults rating and 2.8 million viewers.
A new Nikita (0.3 adults) dropped two tenths of a point on The CW before the network encored this week's Cult premiere (0.2 adults). The CW averaged a 0.3 adults rating and 949,000 viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws