TV Ratings: 'Up All Night' Debuts Strong, 'Survivor' Down in Return
CBS' "Big Brother" wraps up its best season since 2004; the CW's "America's Next Top Model" returns for an all-star edition.
Airing after the finale of America's Got Talent, NBC's freshman comedy Up All Night debuted well.
America's Got Talent (14 million total viewers, 3.5 rating in adults 18-49 demographic), down 10 percent compared to last summer's finale, won its 8-10 p.m. time period among adults 18-49 and nearly all other key categories -- including a season high in total tune-in. Talent also posted its highest demo rating for a Wednesday telecast since July 6.
The two-hour Talent finale paid off for rookie comedies, Up All Night (10.9 million, 3.7) and Free Agents (6.3 million, 2.1), the former of which was the top-rated program of the night and building on its lead-in. Up All Night, starring Christina Applegate, Will Arnett and Maya Rudolph moves to its regular time slot next week: Wednesdays at 8 p.m. Free Agents, with Hank Azaria, will follow at 8:30 p.m. NBC won the night in viewers, averaging 12.2 million, and the key demo, averaging a 3.3.
CBS' 90-minute season ender of Big Brother (7.7 million, 2.9), crowning Rachel as the grand prize winner, remained steady with last year's closer. Big Brother wrapped up its best season since 2004 among adults 18-49 and 25-54. Its lead-in, the premiere of Survivor: South Pacific (10.6 million, 3.4) won its 8-9:30 p.m. time period among adults 18-49 and 25-54, though it dipped 15 percent from last fall's premiere. Compared to the spring premiere, however, Survivor improved 6 percent.
Fox's Buried Treasure (2.8 millio, 0.8) was down five tenths compared to last week with heavier premiere and finale competition.
The CW's H8R (1.3 million, 0.6) premiere marked the network's most-watched premiere of a reality series since Hitched or Ditched in May 2009. It also posted the highest adults 18-34 rating for an unscripted premiere in two years. The return of America's Next Top Model (1.9 million, 0.9 topped last season's averages in the time period by 9 percent in total viewers and 13 percent in the adults 18-49. The all-star season of Top Model opened with a 42 percent improvement from H8R in viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing