TV Ratings: 'Victoria's Secret Fashion Show' Rakes in Record Ratings at CBS
The 2011 broadcast of the annual underwear parade saw its highest ever showing in adults 18-49 and the largest audience since 2002.
Holiday programming, repeats and scantily clad models were the right combination for CBS on Tuesday night. Following solid airings of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (4.0 rating in adults 18-49) and NCIS (2.9), the 2011 iteration of the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show brought in its highest showing ever in the demo.
The 10 p.m. broadcast of the runway show brought in a 4.6 rating in adults 18-49. That number is up 36 percent from last year's showing and marks best number in the demo to date. Total viewers for the show were also up, with 10.3 million for the hour, its biggest audience since 2002.
Fox had new episodes of Glee, New Girl and Raising Hope, all of which saw growth from their last original broadcasts two weeks ago. Glee was up three tenths of a point to a 3.2 rating in adults 18-49, with New Girl reaching a 3.6 and Raising Hope bringing in a 2.4.
Parenthood and The Biggest Loser were both up for NBC, pushing the network to third place in the demo. Parenthood grew by three tenths in adults 18-49, with a 2.2 rating and total audience growth of over 1 million to 5.7 million.
ABC filled the vacancy at 9:00 p.m. with back-to-back repeats of The Middle. The two broadcasts averaged a 1.4 rating among adults 18-49. New episodes of Last Man Standing (2.4) and Man Up! (1.7) were both down from their last original broadcasts, while Body of Proof only suffered slightly without its Dancing With the Stars lead-in. The drama got a 1.8 rating in the key demo, two weeks after its last original.
On the CW, Ringer returned down with a 0.6 in adults 18-49. 90210, however, was up two tenths from last week with a 0.8 in the demo.
Tuesday, Nov. 29, Overnight Ratings:
CBS: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (12.7 million viewers, 4.0 rating in adults 18-49)
Fox: Glee (7.8 million, 3.2)
ABC: Last Man Standing (10.2 million, 2.4)
NBC: The Biggest Loser (7.1 million, 2.3)
The CW: 90210 (1.6 million, 0.8)
ABC: Man Up! (6.6 million, 1.7)
Fox: New Girl (7.6 million, 3.6)
CBS: NCIS (R) (13.4 million, 2.9)
NBC: The Biggest Loser (7 million, 2.5)
ABC: The Middle (R) (4.7 million, 1.4)
The CW: Ringer (1.6 million, 0.6)
Fox: Raising Hope (5.3 million, 2.4)
CBS: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show (10.3 million, 4.6)
NBC: Parenthood (5.7 million, 2.2)
ABC: Body of Proof (9.4 million, 1.8)
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10