TV Ratings: Lows for 'The Voice,' 'Last Man Standing,' 'New Girl' as Seasons Wind Down
May kicks off on a sour note for many series as CBS drives the night among adults 18-49 and viewers.
Fast affiliate ratings paint a rather anemic picture of Tuesday night. With so many series approaching finales, May kicked off with low notes that brought a victory for CBS among viewers and the key demo.
NCIS and NCIS: LA both pulled a 3.0 rating among adults 18-49. The former was steady with its previous original, while the latter surged 25 percent from three weeks ago. Not-yet-renewed Unforgettable was steady with a 1.8 rating, giving the network a 2.6 adults rating for the night and 14.3 million viewers.
The Voice led the night among individual broadcasts, though its 3.1 rating among adults 18-49 marks a low for a results show. It followed the season finale of The Biggest Loser, down a tenth of a point from the week before and well below any previous finale. A steady, if soft, Fashion Star ended the night with a 1.5 rating among adults 18-49 and tying its demo showing of the past two weeks. NBC averaged a 2.3 rating among adults and 6.7 million viewers.
On Fox, Glee and New Girl stepped closer to their season finales with series lows. Glee pulled a 2.4 rating among adults 18-49, while New Girl managed just a 2.1 in the demo. The network averaged a 2.1 rating with 18-49-ers and 4.8 million viewers.
Last Man Standing returned with a 1.4 adults rating on ABC, now almost on par with Cougar Town, which pulled a 1.3 in the demo. Both were new lows. Dancing With the Stars evicted Family Matters star Jaleel White and was down just a tenth of a point from last week to a 2.3 rating among adults 18-49. It was followed by a relatively steady Private Practice, which pulled a 2.1 rating in the demo, topping the hour and holding onto most of its surge from last week. ABC pulled a 1.9 rating in adults overall and 8.9 million viewers.
90210 pulled a 0.6 rating with adults 18-49 on The CW, and The L.A. Complex retained its low 0.3 demo rating from last week's premiere.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game