TV Ratings: 'Voice' Dips to Monday Low, 'Dancing' Rises, Quiet Debut for 'Motive'
Reality rules the night, while the "Hawaii Five-0" finale rises from recent showings and Fox's long-shelved "Goodwin Games" makes no impact.
Fast National returns have NBC and The Voice easily topping the last Monday of the 2012-13 season, though the competition was at a performance show low for the cycle. Averaging a 3.4 rating with adults 18-49, the series was down four tenths of a point to a Monday telecast low. At 10 p.m., a steady Revolution (1.9 adults) gave its last in-season showing. The network averaged a 2.9 rating with adults 18-49 and 9 million viewers.
Dancing With the Stars (2.5 adults) aired a two-hour performance show finale, up half of a point from last week. The penultimate outing was still down four tenths from last spring's one-hour performance ender and two tenths shy of the comparable fall episode. Canadian import Motive (1.4 adults) kicked off its summer run with a preview at 10 p.m. It ranked last among broadcast networks.
A scheduling change saw CBS preempt the season finale of Mike & Molly because of the episode's tornado theme. The network had the series finale of Rules of Engagement (1.8 adults), down three tenths from last season's ender and when it had an original lead-in two weeks ago. Hawaii Five-0 (2.0 adults), which shuffles off to Friday in the fall, was up two tenths of a point for its best rating in two months. Compared to last year's finale, the series was down seven tenths of a point. CBS averaged a 1.9 rating with adults 18-49 and 7.5 million viewers.
Comedy encores filled Fox's Monday schedule, though the network did give a long-delayed launch to The Goodwin Games (0.7 rating) at 8:30 p.m. For what it's worth, the comedy, which won't see a life past its eight-episode summer run, held 100 percent of its Raising Hope lead-in. Fox averaged a 0.6 rating with adults 18-49 and 1.6 million viewers.
Back-to-back episodes of Oh Sit averaged a 0.2 rating with adults 18-49 and 762,000 viewers on the CW.
Univision averaged a 1.5 rating with adults 18-49 and 3.8 million viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Ian Somerhalder Sings Smokey Robinson Classic in 'Esquire China' Behind the Scene Video - Watch Now!
- 'Glee'Actor Harry Shum Jr. is Engaged to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara!
- Nicole Richie Proudly Rocks New Purple Hair at Lunch with Joel Madden!
- Zooey Deschanel's 'New Girl' & Mindy Kaling's 'Mindy Project' Get Early Renewals From Fox!