TV Ratings: 'The Voice' Finale Drops 20 Percent From Last Fall
UPDATED: NBC's flagship series does not approach the highs of recent enders, averaging a 3.9 rating among adults 18-49 against minimal competition.
NBC topped Tuesday night with the finale of The Voice -- although the series was at a low compared to recent finales.
Fast national returns give the episode an average 3.9 rating among adults 18-49. That's a one-point (20 percent) fall from last December's finale and a half-point drop (11 percent) from the most recent spring cycle. It was not, however, the series' lowest finale ever. It topped the first cycle. Among total viewers, the episode averaged 13.8 million. Most current data has this season of The Voice averaging 9 percent shy of last fall.
Ahead of The Voice, a new episode of The Biggest Loser (2.0 adults) moved up a tenth of a point from last week. NBC had a nightly average of a 3.3 rating among adults 18-49 and 11.5 million viewers.
On CBS, NCIS (2.8 adults) was off just a tenth of a point from last week, and NCIS: LA (2.4 adults) held its most recent score. Person of Interest (1.9 adults) dropped three-tenths of a point, giving the network an average 2.4 rating with adults 18-49 and 15.6 million viewers -- the night's biggest audience.
What Would You Do? (0.7 adults) had the inauspicious honor of airing its finale after a two-hour block of ABC encores. A series low, it was off two-tenths of a point from last week. ABC averaged a 0.8 rating with adults 18-49 and 2.8 million viewers over the Wednesday block.
As for Fox, a block of comedy encores averaged a 0.8 rating with adults 18-49 and 1.8 million viewers.
The CW's repeats of The Originals and Supernatural fetched a 0.3 rating with adults 18-49 and 937,000 viewers.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)