TV Ratings: 'The Voice' Finishes Season on Solid Note
"America's Got Talent" is Wednesday's highest-rated series; "Love in the Wild" has soft debut.
With the first winner of The Voice crowned on Wednesday night, did the viewers tune in?
The NBC talent competition series, which named Team Adam member Javier Colon the winner, performed solidly in its finale effort drawing 10.8 million total viewers at 8 p.m. and averaging a 3.5 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic. Though it sank 20 percent from Tuesday's performance episode (12.6 million, 4.4), compared with the previous Wednesday results telecast (10 million, 3.3) The Voice ticked up 6 percent.
Even so, The Voice wasn't the night's highest-rated telecast as it has been in the past. That honor went to America's Got Talent (13.3 million, 4.0), which followed The Voice at 9 p.m. The hour scored NBC its highest rating for a non-finale Wednesday episode since July 5, 2006, the show's very first season.
At 10 p.m., the series debut of the unscripted dating reality series Love in the Wild (6.5 million, 2.2) dropped 45 percent from its lead-in and compared to the premiere of Losing it With Jillian last year, dipped 15 percent. NBC topped the night in viewers (10.2 million) and the demo (3.2), thanks to strong showings by two of its heavyweights.
Fox's So You Think You Can Dance (5.4 million, 1.9) top 16 performance show, the only competition for NBC's three-hour block, was down 14 percent from last week. The network placed second in the demo (1.9), but third in viewers (5.4 million) for Wednesday.
Ratings Bottom Line: NBC wins with The Voice finale and America's Got Talent.
Total viewers winner: The Voice (NBC), 10.8 million
18-49 demo winner: The Voice (NBC), 3.5
Total viewers winner: America's Got Talent (NBC), 13.3 million
18-49 demo winner: America's Got Talent (NBC), 4.0
Total viewers winner: Love in the Wild (NBC), 6.5 million
18-49 demo winner: Love in the Wild (NBC), 2.2
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game